Let’s Go Wild!
Let’s Go Wild!
Get some ‘Wild Time’ with your family with the help of our 'Let's Go Wild' ideas featuring simple ideas for games, crafts and activities to do outdoors - just for fun or to get closer to wildlife.
Get out into your garden, local park or come on down to Moors Valley – these activities can be done in almost any outdoor space. Most won’t need any complicated equipment – just enthusiasm and sometimes some common household items.
Get inspired, get outdoors and lets go wild!
- Camouflage Games – Test your camouflage skills with these fun games
- Butterfly Feeder – Attract butterflies to your garden by making your own feeder
- Cloud Watching – A simple and fun activity that doesn’t need any equipment other than your imagination!
- Dawn Chorus – Get up early and listen for the chorus of birdsong
- Sunflowers – How tall will your sunflower grow?
- Nest Challenge – Can you build a nest to hold some eggs?
- Squirrel Seeds – Try these two games to see if you could make it as a squirrel and survive the winter
- Underwater viewer – A nice and easy activity to get you closer to some of the creatures hiding in ponds and streams
- Wildlife Detective – Become a wildlife detective in search of signs of animal life
- Fly a Kite – Make your own kites and seeing which ones will fly
- Deck the Halls – Bring a touch of the outdoors into your home at Christmas
- Wooden Rudolph – A festive reindeer make
- Winter Ice Art – Bring a bit of winter magic to your garden
- Feed the Birds – Make a tasty bird feeder for your garden birds
All Year Round
- Stargazing – You don’t need a telescope. On a clear night there are lots of interesting things that can be seen with the naked eye.
- Nature’s Alphabet – Can you find a natural object for every letter of the alphabet?
- Feely Boxes – Test out your sense of touch and explore natural textures with this fun game
- Colour Catching – When you take time to stop and look you’ll be amazed at all the different colours and shades you can find in nature
- Snail racing – A fun game to play with friends
- Leaf Boats – Will it float or will it sink? Challenge your friends to a boat race
- Tin Can Cooking – A fun way for children to try cooking outdoors