The entrance gates to our car park open at 8.00am every day of the year except Christmas Day.
The entrance gates to our car park close at the following times:
- January – March (excluding Dorset Easter Holidays) – 5pm
- Dorset Easter Holidays – 7pm
- April – Dorset Summer Half Term – 6pm
- Dorset Summer Half Term – 7pm
- June – Dorset Summer Holidays – 6pm
- Dorset Summer Holidays – 7pm
- September – December – 5pm
Please be aware that some of our facilities and amenities have different opening hours, please view below.
- Visitor Centre * – Open daily except Christmas Day from 9.00am to 4.30pm (open later in the summer)
- Seasons Restaurant – Open daily except Christmas Day from 9.00am to 4.30pm (open later in the summer)
- Cycle Hire Centre – Opens daily at 9.30, please check the Cycle Hire Centre page to view last hire times
- Toilets – Open daily except Christmas Day from 9am until half an hour before gates close
- Go Ape forest adventures (including Segways and Nets Adventure) – Open daily from Easter to the end of October. For opening hours outside these times please visit the Go Ape website
- Moors Valley Railway – Open daily from Spring Bank Holiday week at the end of May through to early September. For the rest of the year it is open during Dorset School Holidays and at weekends only. The opening hours are 10.45am to 4.30pm (5.00pm in summer)
- Moors Valley Golf Course – Open daily except Christmas Day from 8.00am to dusk, weather permitting.
* The Visitor Centre may close for up to 5 midweek days in January for cleaning and maintenance.
Evening visits outside of opening hours must be requested in advance, conditions apply.