We couldn’t do it without you. Every visit and every penny makes a difference.
The Moors Valley Ranger team wants to say a huge THANK YOU to all our visitors, for helping us to keep Moors Valley a fantastic place for people, trees and wildlife.
There’s a lot going on behind the scenes. Our small team is passionate about protecting the beautiful Moors Valley environment and wildlife, and works hard so that the Park and Forest is open to everyone to enjoy. We’re on the go all year round.
Here are some of the things that have been made possible thanks to your support…
Safeguarding Moors Valley and its wildlife for the future
- Because our Rangers carefully manage the ponds, lakes and rivers, Moors Valley is a national hot-spot for dragonflies and damselflies. Over half of all the species in Britain are flourishing here.
- We’ve successfully reintroduced endangered water voles to Moors Valley, helping to tackle nationally declining numbers. A thriving population now lives here.
- Since 2009, our Foresters have planted 20,000 new trees to replace those that have been felled.
- Last year, our Ranger team dedicated over 100 hours to tackling the pests and diseases that threaten our trees.
Fun for everyone, without costing the earth
- Creating and maintaining our cycle trails, walking trails, play areas, picnic areas and Visitor Centre is no small feat.
- Every year, our Education and Recreation Rangers help over 9,000 children have fun outdoors and gain an understanding and respect for nature.
- Our accessible trails, adaptive bikes and mobility scooters help everyone to enjoy Moors Valley.
- Using a woodchip boiler to keep the Visitor Centre cosy and rainwater from its roof to flush the toilets are just two of many ways that we keep Moors Valley green.
Every visit makes a difference. Your money helps us manage Moors Valley for people, trees and wildlife.
Moors Valley is cared for by Forestry England and Dorset Council.