Moors Valley is open for outdoor recreation and exercise
Updated 1 December 2020
Following the announcement that we will return to a tiered system of restrictions from the 2nd of December, we are delighted to announce that Moors Valley Country Park and Forest is open, with new guidelines in place.
If you intend to visit us, please plan ahead and follow the latest Government guidance for travel and meeting people from outside your household. You must stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating.
Please be aware, for the safety of our visitors and staff our guidance below may change at short notice. Please keep checking this page for updates.
There are three simple actions we encourage all visitors to do to help keep everyone safe: –
Hands – Please use hand sanitiser stations often, especially upon arrival at the park
Face – Please wear a face covering where social distancing may be difficult (exemptions apply)
Space – Please stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing a face covering)
- Please follow the latest Government guidance for travel
- Please consider staying local where possible
- The car park is open, but with a reduced capacity
- We are not currently accepting bookings for coaches and minibuses
- When the car park reaches capacity it will be temporarily closed. We know this is frustrating, but please be prepared to return home and visit another time. You can view updates on our Facebook page or live news feed
- We encourage visitors to arrive before 10.30am, or after 2pm where possible to avoid our busiest times
Normal parking charges apply. Full details of our car park charges are listed here
At this stage, some of our facilities and amenities remain closed and the facilities that are open may have new procedures in place.
Facilities Now Open
- Toilets – COVID-secure modifications in place. Please follow Hands, Face, Space guidelines
- Visitor Centre
- Gift Shop
- Play Trail – Spiders, Enchanted Woods, Crocodile Crossing, Hawk House, Timber, Baba Yaga, Snakes, Hollow Log and Tree Top Trail are currently open
- Play Areas – Full details on the new play park guidance is listed here
- Seasons Restaurant – Further details listed here
- Walking and cycling trails
- Cycle Hire – Open from 5th December. Further details listed here
- Railway – Open from 5th December. Further details listed here
- Go Ape – Open from 5th December. Further details listed here
- Golf – Open from 3rd December. Further details listed here
- Health and Activity sessions. Further details listed here
Facilities Now Closed
- Play Structures – Ants Nest and Bewildernest remain closed
- Ice Cream Kiosk
- Ranger Den
- Ranger-led Activities and Events
- Large group sessions, such as Parkrun
If you have a gift voucher for parking, bike hire or our gift shop we will honour any due to expire or those that expired during the first lockdown, for the rest of 2020. So don’t worry, you won’t lose out and there will be no rush to come and use the voucher.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Help, Support and Advice
For information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), what you need to do, what support is available and how you can help please visit the Government’s dedicated website.