Moors Valley is currently open for local outdoor exercise
Updated 6 January 2021
Following the national lockdown announcement on the 4th of January 2021, Moors Valley Country Park and Forest remains open for local exercise, with new guidelines in place.
Please be aware, for the safety of our visitors and staff our guidance below may change at short notice. Please keep checking this page for updates.
Exercising and meeting other people
You should minimise time spent outside your home.
It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You can only leave your home to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure (e.g. a picnic or a social meeting). This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area – meaning your village, town or the part of a city where you live.
You can exercise in a public outdoor place:
- By yourself
- With the people you live with
- With your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)
- In a childcare bubble where providing childcare
- Or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household
There are three simple actions we encourage all visitors to do to help keep everyone safe: –
Hands – Please use hand sanitiser stations often, especially upon arrival at the park
Face – Please wear a face covering where social distancing may be difficult (exemptions apply)
Space – Please stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing a face covering)
- Please follow the latest Government guidance for travel
- Please stay local where possible
- View our latest update regarding season tickets here
- The car park is open, but with a reduced capacity
- We are not currently accepting bookings for coaches and minibuses
- When the car park reaches capacity it will be temporarily closed. We know this is frustrating, but please be prepared to return home and visit another time. You can view updates on our Facebook page or live news feed
- We encourage visitors to arrive before 10.30am, or after 2pm where possible to avoid our busiest times
Normal parking charges apply. Full details of our car park charges are listed here
At this stage, the majority of our facilities and amenities are closed and the facilities that are open may have new procedures in place.
Facilities Now Open
- Toilets – COVID-secure modifications in place. Please follow Hands, Face, Space guidelines
- Play Trail – Spiders, Enchanted Woods, Crocodile Crossing, Hawk House, Timber, Baba Yaga, Snakes, Hollow Log and Tree Top Trail are currently open
- Play Areas – Full details on the new play park guidance is listed here
- Seasons Takeaway Kiosk – Further details listed here
- Walking and cycling trails
Facilities Now Closed
- Play Structures – Ants Nest and Bewildernest remain closed
- Visitor Centre – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01425 470721 if you have a query
- Seasons Restaurant – Further details listed here
- Gift Shop
- Ice Cream Kiosk
- Fitness Trail
- Watchmoor Bike Park
- Fishing – Further details listed here
- Railway – Further details listed here
- Cycle Hire – Further details listed here
- Go Ape – Further details listed here
- Golf – Please do not walk or cycle on the golf course. Further details listed here
- Health and Activity sessions – Further details listed here
- Ranger Den
- Ranger-led Activities and Events
- Large group sessions, such as parkrun
If you have a gift voucher for parking, bike hire or our gift shop we will honour any due to expire during this current lockdown. So don’t worry, you won’t lose out and there will be no rush to come and use the voucher.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Help, Support and Advice
For information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), what you need to do, what support is available and how you can help please visit the Government’s dedicated website.