Plan Your Visit
Plan Your Visit
As legal restrictions changed on 10 December 2021, we want to continue to offer you the best possible experience when you visit Moors Valley. To help keep everyone safe we’re maintaining a number of additional hygiene and safety measures such as face coverings inside the Visitor Centre and Ranger Den, queuing systems, hygiene screens, and hand sanitiser.
Please be aware, for the safety of our visitors and staff our guidance below may change at short notice.
Please keep checking this page for updates.
Please note – The Moors Valley Visitor Centre will be closed from Monday the 10th to Friday the 14th of January for annual maintenance work and refurbishment. Further details listed here.
- Toilets – Open from 8.30am until 30 minutes before the entrance gates close
- Visitor Centre – Covid secure measures in place
- Gift Shop – Covid secure measures in place
- Seasons Restaurant – Further details listed here
- Ranger-led Activities and Events – View our events calendar
- Ice Cream Kiosk – Open weekends and Dorset school holidays – 10.30am – 5pm (weather dependant)
- Go Ape – Further details listed here
- Railway – Further details listed here
- Play Trail – All structures are open, some with Covid secure modifications in place
- Play Parks – Full details of the new play park guidance is listed here
- Golf – Further details listed here
- Cycle Hire – Further details listed here
- Health and Activity sessions – Further details listed here
- Fishing – Season runs until 15th March 2022. Further details listed here
- Gruffalo sculptures
- Fitness Trail
- Walking and cycling trails
- Watchmoor Bike Park
- Large group sessions, such as adult parkrun – Scheduled to re-start 11th September
- First Aid – Due to restrictions our Rangers are not currently administering first aid, unless a life-threatening situation arises. We will endeavour to assist with providing suitable first aid supplies and advice where possible
- Orienteering – Our course is being updated, new course launching soon
- Ranger Den – Closed from Friday 3rd September
- Please follow government guidance on how to stop the spread of coronavirus at all times
- Plan ahead – If the car park is full, please be prepared to turn around and visit another time
- Please park legally, safely and considerately – only using designated parking areas. Keep roads and gateways clear and leave plenty of room for other road users to pass
- To help prevent forest fires please do not use BBQs or portable cooking equipment
- Help protect our wildlife and take your litter home. Rubbish from items purchased on site can be returned to the outlet in which you purchased it
- If you’re visiting with a dog, please keep them under close control to help protect local wildlife such as ground-nesting birds, and bag and bin your dog’s waste. Please remember that dogs are not allowed in our enclosed play parks near the Visitor Centre
Stay Safe, Be Kind
- Please remember to be kind to staff and volunteers during your visit. We’re trying our very best to give you the best day out possible. Please bear with us with regards to any covid measures in place
- We do not tolerate abuse and we support the Institute of Customer Service’s campaign for ‘service with respect’
There are three simple actions we encourage all visitors to do to help keep everyone safe: –
Hands – Please use hand sanitiser stations often, especially upon arrival at the park
Face – In line with government guidance please wear a face covering when inside the Visitor Centre, Gift Shop and Ranger Den, unless exempt
Space – Please be considerate to others and respect their space
- The car park has returned to full capacity
- If you have a pre-booked activity with Go Ape or Golf and the car park is temporarily closed please show your booking confirmation to the Rangers at the gate and they will give you access
- We’re accepting coach and minibus parking with certain restrictions. Further details listed here
- When the car park reaches capacity it will be temporarily closed. We know this is frustrating, but please be prepared to return home and visit another time. You can view updates on our Facebook page or live news feed
- We encourage visitors to arrive before 10am, or after 2 pm where possible to avoid our busiest times
Parking charges apply. Full details of our car park charges listed here
We’ve launched our very own app! Click below to access maps, information and trails right at your fingertips.
With 1000-acres to explore there truly is something for everyone. Download our maps below and start planning your next adventure.
If you have a gift voucher for parking, bike hire or our gift shop we will honour any due to expire during this current lockdown. So don’t worry, you won’t lose out and there will be no rush to come and use the voucher.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Help, Support and Advice
For information about Coronavirus (COVID-19), what you need to do, what support is available and how you can help please visit the Government’s dedicated website.