Data Protection and small print
Data Protection and small print
Moors Valley Country Park and Forest is operated by Forestry England and Dorset Council.
Within the park there are following private operators:
- Signature Catering Group Ltd: – Operate the Visitor Centre café
- Narogauge Ltd: – Operate the Moors Valley Railway
- Mack Trading Ltd: – Operate the golf course
- Moors Valley Trading: – Operate the ice cream kiosk
- Adventure Forests Ltd: – Operate the Go Ape activities
Each operator will comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and have their own procedures for holding personal data.
For all activities run by Dorset Council, storage of personal data will follow the policy of Dorset Council and will comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. These activities include: Event bookings, Car park season tickets, CCTV monitoring, Incident forms (occurring on DC land) and Marketing contacts.
- We will never transfer personal data to another organisation
- We will not ask for more details than is necessary
- We will always ask your permission to use your contact details for our own marketing purposes
- Any data stored will be necessary, will conform to the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and be stored securely
- We will not keep your data longer than is necessary and it will follow an agreed disposal procedure
- All staff will receive data protection training
Key data storage and retention information
- Paper forms are held for the minimum time in a secure area before they are either scanned to a secure remote server and disposed of or directly disposed of without scanning.
- All paper forms are disposed of through a confidential waste disposal scheme.
- No data is held on personal computers.
- Dorset Council’s computer network complies with the Public Services Network (PSN) security standard.
Key data disposal information
- Season ticket data – Paper forms deleted within one month of purchase. Data stored on server will be deleted two months after the expiry date of the season ticket
- First aid forms – All paper forms are digitalised within 1 week and stored on a secure server and kept for 6 years for adults or until the date of the 21st birthday for a child. All original paper copies are disposed of after 1 week
- E-newsletters – Email addresses are stored on a secure remote server. Recipients are able to unsubscribe at any time.
- Gladstone booking system – Members will be deleted after 3 years after the last know booking or subscription made
- CCTV footage will be over-written within 30 days
Requests for information
If you would like to know what information we hold about you or would like data removed please go to the Dorset for You website and complete a Subject Access Request or GDPR individual rights form.
The small print
Moors Valley is open to the public for personal use, not for commercial gain.
Forestry England Byelaws apply.
Operational conditions apply.
The use of flying objects such as drones is prohibited within Moors Valley Country Park and Forest.
Giving out leaflets/promotional materials within Moors Valley is not allowed unless consent is given. No flyposting of leaflets on windscreens in the car park is permitted under any circumstances.
If you are a commercial operation and wish to use Moors Valley for your business please contact the Rangers for more information.
CCTV surveillance takes place at Moors Valley for your safety and to protect the premises. Images are not used for any other purposes and the system complies with the RIPA act.
Car registrations are recorded through the Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system for statistical purposes.